Parents and Wrestlers,
It is time to start thinking about wrestling season. Some of you are still focused on other sport seasons and that is fine. I am just hoping that you will think about a few items.
- If your wrestler is considering not wrestling, please have them come talk to me ASAP. I like to hear it directly from them. Have them come talk to me ASAP so that I can make final plans for the season, I like to know before the season starts… not after.
- After watching what has happened at school with quarantines I am going to encourage you to consider distance learning for the 2nd quarter. I think we are more likely to be impacted by quarantines than the actual illness and I would hate for your wrestler to quarantine during the season because they “sat” by someone at school who tested positive for Covid. This is just a strong suggestion and not a mandate. Let me know how I can be helpful in this situation.
- Covid: I will be doing everything I can to help prevent your wrestlers from contracting Covid, however there is a risk involved. If you or your wrestlers choose not to wrestle this season I will understand. I would ask that you join me at my parent meeting where I can share with you what I am planning on doing and how I am trying to keep athletes safe during this time.
- For those of you not in the athletic wrestling class please email your counselor to join the class starting on 10/30 (first day of 2nd quarter classes). The class happens during the 4B timeslot and I will be starting practices during the athletic class and ending them by 3:30 PM (B-days only; A-days will end at 5:00 PM) so wrestlers can see a little bit of sunlight this season😊. If you can’t join you will just need to come to practice on B-days as soon as school ends, but you will miss part of practices. If there are concerns with this let me know.
- Important Dates
- Parent meeting 10/22/2020 @ 6PM virtually via Google Meet. Here is the link to join: https://meet.google.com/txg-uxbm-nim. No in person attendance at this meeting.
- 10/26-11/5 (Mon-Thurs only) Preseason Conditioning. Meet in the wrestling room at @ 2:20PM after school.
- 11/9 is the first practice @ 2:30 PM after school. 11/10 Practice will start at 1:00 PM because it is a B-day.
If you know of someone that would like this info but is not on my email list please feel free to forward this out.